Unfortunately your payment has not been processed sucessfully, please try again.
Thank you for paying with Paypal.
Caithness Web Services very much values the privacy of all clients, visitors and readers.
- We will not use personal information supplied by anyone (including email addresses) for any purpose other than for administration of the site including moderation of comments.
- Registered members will be sent an email of updates to the site when they occur and an option to refuse these will be offered both in the email and on the web site menu.
- No personal information of any kind will be forwarded to third parties unless specifically requested by the correspondent or deemed as the most appropriate response (e.g. under orders of a legal authority).
Official Privacy Statement
This privacy statement applies to the website of:
Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: Barrett, Alex
1a North Murchison Street
Collecting information provides specific benefits to our website visitors:
Collecting your information allows us to contact you with information on updates to the website and let you know of any developments in conservation projects featured on the site.
We collect information for the following purposes:
• Research, analysis, reporting
Who has access to the information we collect?
Of the information we do collect, we allow our visitors the following access to the information:
No access to collected information is given.
The legal regulation that applies to us is regulation 22 of The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003:
“Use of electronic mail for direct marketing purposes
22.—(1) This regulation applies to the transmission of unsolicited communications by means of electronic mail to individual subscribers.
(2) Except in the circumstances referred to in paragraph (3), a person shall neither transmit, nor instigate the transmission of, unsolicited communications for the purposes of direct marketing by means of electronic mail unless the recipient of the electronic mail has previously notified the sender that he consents for the time being to such communications being sent by, or at the instigation of, the sender.
(3) A person may send or instigate the sending of electronic mail for the purposes of direct marketing where—
(a)that person has obtained the contact details of the recipient of that electronic mail in the course of the sale or negotiations for the sale of a product or service to that recipient;
(b)the direct marketing is in respect of that person’s similar products and services only; and
(c)the recipient has been given a simple means of refusing (free of charge except for the costs of the transmission of the refusal) the use of his contact details for the purposes of such direct marketing, at the time that the details were initially collected, and, where he did not initially refuse the use of the details, at the time of each subsequent communication.
(4) A subscriber shall not permit his line to be used in contravention of paragraph (2).”
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use third party traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The term ‘Caithness Web Services’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website which is Alexander Barrett trading as Caithness Web Services of 1A North Murchison Street, Wick, Caithness, Scotland. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Caithness Web Services and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Caithness Web Services. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Caithness Web Services takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- You may be required to pay a nominal fee upon registration. This fee will be refunded with your first order from us and is charged to deter malicious registrations.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- This website and its content is copyright of Caithness Web Services.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland and international agreements and treaties as applicable.